Friday, March 5, 2010

No Rain..no rain...no rain...

Mistress is angry. Well, not angry. Disappointed. And as I run off pouting from last weekend’s rain-out, I can still chase the clouds in my dreams- with a pink helicopter. I may not have been able to fly but I got to help Rainmaker build his dream machine. Oooh, and I mounted a few servos, used a belt sander to trim some screws and watched the big machine make some more parts. I love the shop! Being in the shop is like winning the golden ticket to Willy Wonka’s factory, you know?

Last Saturday, the rain in Moorpark was sporadic but brutal. Hey! Perfect time for Josef and his pals to test-fly a new waterproof prototype. And I was there to witness it all! Wow. I took Nick, my son, and HE couldn’t wipe the smile off his face. (He’s got my dimples.) Why would anyone wanna fly a remote controlled helicopter in the rain, you wonder? Well, why the hell not?

So, me and Rainmaker are gonna head out there tomorrow and build, build, build a Mongoose. Maybe two. Would that be Mongeese?! LOL! Rain is in the forecast- again. The entire weekend? Come on… So, when Josef says, during a break in the rain, “Come on guys, lets go flying!”- me and Rainmaker are gonna have to tear ourselves away from the Mongoose to learn to fly.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment