Friday, August 20, 2010

Flight Chronicles Vol V 080710...


or "Is Bigger Always Better?"

Oh my.

Bigger blades.

Is bigger always better? I say, no. Of course, I’m the only one who thinks so. I happen to be the only female on the field and in the shop. I feel comfortable with the “snappiness” of the standard blades. But the guys say now the Mongoose is more stable.

Well, maybe its pilot error . Call me crazy but the guys were doing fine without the big’uns. Then, El Maestro, Josef, my flight instructor said, “Perfect for training!” That, I agree. So, now I’m forcing myself to get used to the lag between my commands and the heli’s execution of my commands. She sure looks sluggish up there. I might be one step ahead with these new blades but it doesn’t seem “real time” to me. Am I crazy?

Terminology:

Nothing to contribute this time.

Flight Time:

20 mins.

Shop Time:

2 hrs.

Road trip:

2 hrs.


Going flying tomorrow! Yay! The Mayan Princess will be gracing us with her presence. Wonder what color she's like?...

No comments:

Post a Comment